WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW?
The information we collect
In order to provide products and services to the best of our ability, we collect a range of information from different people. We may collect and hold personal information about:
- current, prospective and former customers
- suppliers (and their employees and contractors)
- current and prospective Osflo Fertiliser Limited employees and contractors
- other people who deal with us from time to time
If you are a current or prospective customer of Osflo Fertiliser Limited, we may collect:
- identifying information about you, such as your name, address and contact details
- payment details and other financial information
- information you provide to help us assist you with any application process, including a credit application
- information captured on your property, including information relating to mapping, nutrient management and soil, plant, feed and water testing
- reports generated from that information captured on your property
- information about your property obtained from other third parties helping to provide services to you, such as spreading businesses
- information about your transactions with Osflo Fertiliser Limited
- other information relating to your use of our products and services
If you are a current or prospective Osflo Fertiliser Limited employee, contractor or supplier, we may collect:
- information about your occupation, educational qualifications, employment history and suitability for the role or relationship, including information provided during an employment application (such as your criminal history)
- employees’ banking, tax and superannuation details
- name and details of emergency contacts
- contact details and any personal information provided when you commence a business or service relationship with us
- surveillance footage (for safety and security purposes)
- information about your performance in the role or relationship, including results of drug testing (if applicable)
We may collect other personal information from time to time. We will only collect information where needed for us to deliver our products or services or where required by law.
The personal information that we collect from you is held in accordance with the Act (in particular, the Privacy Principles contained in the Act).
Providing the above information is generally optional for you. However, if you do not provide information to us when requested, we may not be able to provide products and services to you or the service you receive may not be as appropriate or relevant as it could be.
How we collect your information
We may collect the personal information you provide us in a variety of ways. We will generally collect personal information from you directly, including through the following means:
- when you first apply to become a customer or employee, or otherwise commence a business or service relationship with us
- while providing any of our products or services to you
- from website registration or contact forms and credit applications
- during your interactions and correspondence with us
- when you use our website
- through surveillance devices that may be situated on our premises
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys through promotions
We may also collect your personal information from third parties where you have authorised this, this is permitted by law, or where the information is publicly available. This may include information from:
- a contractor or other third party helping to provide services to you, such as spreading businesses
- suppliers of services to us (e.g. recruitment firms)
We may store the above information for possible future communications.
If you have provided us with information about another person, you must have that person’s permission to do so. As part of this you need to comply with your obligations under the Act. For example, you may need to tell that other person that you have done so, that they have a right to access their information and that we will handle their personal information in accordance with this policy.